1. Frankie’s Fun Park. Batting cages, go-karts, putt-putt, a driving range, plus bumper boats, a climbing wall, a super slide, and a big arcade make this North Chuck attraction a must-visit this summer. They open early and stay open late, guaranteeing hours of fun.
2. Blackbeard’s Cove. Play a round of mini golf, launch water balloons at your pals, challenge your friends to laser tag, and generally have a blast at this Mt. Pleasant adventure park.
3. Whirlin’ Waters. Fifteen acres of cool water activities with big slides, big waves, and big fun. Get a Splash Pass and go whenever you want, all summer long.
4. Charles towne Landing. This West Ashley historic site is the closest thing to a zoo that we’ve got. Wander the grounds of the original settlement of Charles Towne and see puma, bison, alligators, bears, and wolves. Then climb aboard the Adventure, a full-scale replica of a 17th century ship.
5. Magnolia Plantation and Gardens. Don’t go through summer without petting a goat! The petting zoo has pygmy goats and whitetail deer for your feeding pleasure. The kids will love visiting this West Ashley plantation, which also has an impressive swamp garden.
6. Center for Birds of Prey. This educational and rescue facility is located out in the woods of Awendaw and offers tours and birds of prey flight demonstrations. A good activity to save up for when the kids use that dreaded b-word.