History Attic: Poinsett Street 

click to enlarge

33 Poinsett

This house sits back somewhat from the street and was owned by Jacob and Patsy McGowan in the early decades of the 1900s. By 1930 the property was being rented by Richard Robinson, who worked for the railroad, and later in 1940 by Charles Murdock, a laborer at the Navy Yard. Rent was just $8 per month.
6 of 13

Comments

Subscribe to this thread:

Add a comment

Classified Listings

Powered by Foundation   © Copyright 2014, Charleston City Paper   RSS