Today's the day for Adam Avery fans. The brewmaster of Avery Brewing Co. will be at Charleston Beer Exchange from 4-6 p.m. and at Mellow Mushroom from 7:30-9:30 p.m.
The CBX guys say he is one of the "most revered brewmasters in the world" and are excited to have him on hand to discuss his work, sign bottles/growlers, give away swag, and introduce his limited and rare beers. Here's a list of what'll be on tap on the growler station:
Avery Moloch (in our new 22oz growlers!)
This is a blend of Reverend and Samael's that were both aged in fresh Buffalo Trace Bourbon barrels. 13% abv.
Avery Voltron (in our new 22oz growlers!)
A Five beer blend for the sour/wild ale lover. 9% abv:
The blend (in various amounts):
1. Good Sally - Salvation aged in Opus One Cabernet Sauvignon barrels with Brettanomyces Drie added.
2. Port Altar Boy - Reverend aged in a neutral port barrel with Brettanomyces Drie and lactobacillus.
3. Opus One Altar Boy - Reverend aged in Opus One Cabernet Sauvignon barrels with Brettanomyces Drie added, as well as lactic and acetic acid-producing bacteria.
4. 100% Brettanomyces Ellie's Brown - Fermented in a Ferrari-Carrano Chardonnay barrel.
5. Brabant - A portion of our new beer but aged in a neutral port barrel rather than a Zinfandel barrel.
Avery Brabant (normal 64oz growlers)
Brabant is a 8.65% abv dark unfiltered beer, fermented entirely with Brettanomyces and aged in Zinfandel barrels for nine months.
Avery Samael's (normal 64oz growlers)
Samael's Ale is a super-caramelly, oak aged English-style strong ale. The oak is very apparent in this rich and high gravity ale, adding additional depth and complexity with a woody and cask-like nose and a pronounced vanilla flavor on the palate. 16.45% abv (really).
Avery DuganA (normal 64oz growlers)
A brand new imperial IPA creation! 8.5% abv.
And some of the bottled highlights:
Vintage bottles of 2005 Czar Imperial Stout, 2004 The Beast Grand Cru, as well as Maharaja, Kaiser, 2008 Mephistopheles, Samael's, Brabant, DuganA IPA, Jubilation and much more!
Get off work early and get your growlers filled.