Let me start off by saying the pizza is fantastic! The rest can use some fine tuning and I hope the owner takes these criticisms constructively.
- The layout of the restaurant is terrible. The centerpiece of the restaurant is the ovens. When you walk in the door you're sent down to the register with no view of the dining area or the ovens. There is a big wall blocking it that serves no purpose but to hang a TV on the other side. Knock that wall down.
- Train the girl behind the counter a little better. We ordered the margarita pizza and she asked, "which one?" Well, there's only one on the menu so that one. Then she told us it came with one topping. Added a topping unaware it added $4 to the bill.
- Bottled beer selection isn't bad, Bells Two Heared, Palm, Pluff Mudd Porter, Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro, and Peroni. There was no glassware to pour the beer which was pretty weak. My suggestion is to keep it simple. Get rid of all the choices and put in a two tap tower. Have Peroni always on and rotate a local beer on the other, Palmetto preferably since it's less than 1 block away.
- Add an outdoor area. The parking lot is huge. Section off part and add picnic tables. This will draw a much larger lunch crowd on a nice day.
- Train the wait staff a little better and find a better way to identify tables orders. There were two tables seated in the restaurant one with food and the waitress is shouting out someone's food number. Use process of elimination to determine that it's probably for the table with no food. I don't blame her when the restaurant is busy since they only write your number on your receipt and you just place it on your table. No one came to check in on us during the meal either.
- There's a water fountain in the corner for water. Put some glasses and ice over there so people can pour themselves a glass of water.
- The condiments (parmesan, red pepper flakes, etc.) are by where the pizza is made in a fixed container so it can't move. Put it in a shaker on each table like every other pizza joint so you're not carrying your large pie through the restaurant to add a little parmesan.
Let me reiterate, the pizza is FANTASTIC! It was a bummer to see only two tables in there for lunch on a Friday.
All Reviews »
Home Team can do no wrong in my book, love that place. It will be quite the brisket battle down there when John Lewis BBQ opens.
been meaning to pay this place a visit. I hear they do a great sunday brunch too.
unfortunately this beer isn't year round...
it's a tough idea to spend $6 for a slice when you can have one of the best burgers in mt p right next door for another $3-$4. And that includes those parmesan truffle fries...
Graze Summerville has Nutella Gelato too!
All Comments »
Powered by Foundation
© Copyright 2015,
Charleston City Paper