Really? Are you nuts. That's called Fascism, or Communist China. I like my freedoms, thanks anyway. Pretty ignorant to say you want that kind of control of your life. I'd rather the States have the say the way our Founding Fathers intended, and if you don't like the laws from that state, you can always move.
A Libertarian to me, as I see my self as one, is a fiscal conservative with liberal social views. But that is the problem with the party and why it isn't mainstream. There needs to be more defined goals and objectives. True Libertarians, like Ron Paul, had to go Republican just to be heard. As long as we continue to have the two part system, this Country will see no real change. At this point our government is forcing us to choose the lesser of two evils, which is yet another form of control. I view myself most in line with the thoughts and ideas of Thomas Jefferson, but the Republicans and the Democrats are both big government, both elite-st, and think that the majority of society are a bunch of idiots. Until we go back to States rights, and the ability to truly exercise democracy in its truest form, nothing will change. We have gotten to be a much larger Country, and because of that harder to manage at the Federal level. Give the autonomy back to the States and be done with it already.
Chris needs to go ahead and fill out an ID-10T form, and play in traffic.
Always glad to see the haters come out. Don't know how you figured I am a flip flopper based on my name, but anyone that has a chance to beat this idiot in office is worth my vote. One more step to fascism folks? No thank you; I sacrificed way to much of my life in the Army to watch the Country I fought for go down the tubes...
Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable!
A lot is being said in the media about Mitt Romney not being "likable" or that he doesn't "relate well" to people. Frankly, we struggled to understand why. So after much research, we have come up with a Top Ten List to
explain this "unlikablility."
Top Ten Reasons To Dislike Mitt Romney:
1. Drop-dead, collar-ad handsome with gracious, statesmanlike aura. Looks like every central casting's #1
choice for Commander-in-Chief.
2. Been married to ONE woman his entire life, and has been faithful to her, including through her bouts with breast cancer and MS.
3. No scandals or skeletons in his closet. (How boring is that?)
4. Can't speak in a fake, southern, "black preacher voice" when necessary.
5. Highly intelligent. Graduated cum laude from both Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School . . . and by the way, his academic records are NOT sealed.
6. Doesn't smoke or drink alcohol, and has never done drugs, not even in the counter-culture age when he went to college. Too square for today's America ?
7. Represents an America of "yesterday", where people believed in God, went to Church, didn't screw around, worked hard, and became a SUCCESS!
8. Has a family of five great sons .... and none of them have police records or are in drug rehab. But of course, they were raised by a stay-at-home mom, and that "choice" deserves America 's scorn.
9. Oh yes . . . he's a MORMON. We need to be very afraid of that very strange religion that teaches its members to be clean-living, patriotic, fiscally conservative, charitable, self-reliant, and honest.
10. And one more point . . . pundits say because of his wealth, he can't relate to ordinary Americans. I guess that's because he made that money HIMSELF . .
. as opposed to marrying it or inheriting it from Dad. Apparently, he didn't understand that actually working at a job and earning your own money made you unrelatable to Americans.
Powered by Foundation
© Copyright 2013,
Charleston City Paper