I have eaten and drink-drank-drunk at A-Dough many times in the last couple years. The pizza is consistently first-rate and true to the style. If you like NYC-style pie this is probably the best one in the area. It puts local chain Andolino's to shame. @Ford84: Sounds like someone messed up. You should have gotten an apology. Even though you were pissed about being inconvenienced, a 1-star review after only 1 visit to a great local mom & pop seems kinda harsh to me.
Worst food article ever; pointless, rambling, ill-conceived rubbish. King Street Grill has been immensely successful with the exact formula you now disdain. Good food is good, bad food is bad. In Charleston with the excess of skilled chefs, you have no idea who might be cooking for you in the back. If you don't like the food, vote with your sneakers. If you don't appreciate good food order the damn wings. WWC's are hardly the best even in this little town. Sheesh.
Just want to thank everyone for the overwhelmingly positive response to opening night of StreetEats!
Apologies to you who had to wait a few minutes but it was quite a rush come closing time.
Looking forward to seeing you all in front of Rec Room again next weekend!
Starting tonight Friday 6/12 at 11:59pm there will be a new Cart outside Recovery Room Tavern on way upper King St. It's called StreetEats and will feature a special dish every day as well as always having genuine Chicago Style Hot Dogs (lots of veggies on top!). Fridays and Saturdays after midnight (when Rec Room's kitchen closes). See you there!
It doesn't seem to me that drilling in STATE waters is a good idea on any level. SC State waters end at 3.5 miles off the beach.
- According to current research, the total potential profit is relatively small.
- Nearshore drilling poses the most immediate risk to the environment in event of an accident.
- Even during only the construction and normal operation of a Drilling Platform, some level of pollution and ongoing environmental damage is unavoidable.
- The Drilling Platforms would be an eyesore from land at ground (BEACH) level and would affect water quality.
- Any potential new marine habitat would be of minimal positive value as the water depth is insufficient at that distance from shore to attract and support desirable species therefore offering no benefit to tourism, recreational fishing, or commercial fishing.
Platforms in US Federal Waters off SC might be viable as all of the arguments I presented against are either significantly reduced or eliminated entirely by increasing the distance from shore.
Drilling in SC State waters: The risk is too large, the potential profit too small.
Tried Brunch about 1:30 today but it proved impossible among the typical obnoxious drunk C of C students drinking Mimosas right out of the pitchers (don't you retards have finals this week?), deafening hip hop music, and hopelessly ambivalent and rude Bar Staff (you know who you are). We gave up after one beer, wrote "ha ha" in the Tip line, and went back to old standby Crosstown. ACs is ok for Lunch Saturday or through the week but F the Brunch and those people in the most sincere way I can communicate.
All Comments »
Powered by Foundation
© Copyright 2016,
Charleston City Paper