Let me get this right. In 1974 Sessions made a joke while prosecuting the KKK and now he's a racist? Can you give me any more examples of your racist accusations or is this the only one? How about when Jesse Jackson called Jews hymies, or when Farrakhan continues to call for the death of whites and police? Oh, that's not racism is it? This whole Sessions debacle has become a campaign from the left to degrade a man they disagree with, no different than those who asked for Obama's birth certificate. Talk about alternative facts...
I suppose you were silent when Obama labeled Nidal Hanson's killing a work place shooting instead of terrorism. Just because the left forgets doesn't mean everybody dies.
@jadenova. What would make me happy, is if we labeled all white terrorists, TERRORISTS. Labeling all white people terrorists was not what the article conveyed at all, so I invite you to go back and reread and pay attention to the whole article before you make assumptions. If we were making assumptions, your comment seems to scream you are a white supremacist (given your highly white-defensive comment) and I know you don't want to come off like that. It's very important to absorb and comprehend ALL of the facts, which is something we cannot count on with Faux News Entertainment in the loop.
Tabula rasa rather than rosa? Children were considered bank tablets, not pink ones.
Food was awesome as always thanks guys !
Did you get a new last name fay it is jay nor fay
Somehow, despite the fact that I'm white, male, and Christian I didn't feel any slight at reading Ms. Parks' denunciation of violent extremists. Probably because I also abhor their actions, feel no kinship with them, believe their "cause" is garbage, and don't feel that impugning the bad actors of my race reflects poorly on my race. Much to the contrary: calling out the other white Americans that seek to use violence and political advantage to harm non-white Americans (and Canadians since it came up) is important for we, the non-violent, non-white-supremacists to do.
Thanks, Keenan, you're right of course. Fixed.
Anton Yelchin died last year in a freak accident. I don't think he is actually going to be in this. It's going to this guy.... http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/mr-mercedes-anton-yelchin-replaced-938203
Would that make you happy if we labeled all white people terrorists? Would you like to be labeled a terrorist?
White Southern identity in a nutshell: We can't let go of the past, but everyone else should.
i miss GNS deli and grocery that was on the corner of bull & smith!
Responsible for Equality And Liberty calls White Supremacism terrorist attacks as "terrorism" and we have for years. Unlike too many others, R.E.A.L. has constantly referred to Dylann Roof's attack on Emanuel A.M.E. as the "terrorist" attack that it was. However, of the 85 notable terrorist plots and/or attacks against Americans on U.S. soil over the past 8 years, the White Supremacist terrorist plots and attacks are a significant minority. That is not bias; those are facts. To label every attack by a white person of an extremist ideology as white supremacist is simply wrong. A very significant number are by Sovereign Citizen Extremists (SCE), which have both white and black adherents (contrary to what some believe); a number of such white terrorist attacks are also Anti-Government Militia, again which have mixed members and a different focus. Because in the United States, there are a significantly larger number of white Americans, there will be not surprisingly a larger number of white extremists, but not all of those extremist follow a cause of white supremacism. R.E.A.L. stands ready every day to challenge any extremist ideology which inspires terrorism, whether it is white supremacism or any other ideology. But while our country has been fighting a "war of ideas" against white supremacism at least since the 1960s (and many would say since the 1860s), we have not been doing so on other extremist ideologies. We need to be consistent in fighting extremism. To be specific, out of a list of 85 notable plots and/or attacks over the past 8 years, R.E.A.L. notes that 21 plots and/or attacks (25 percent) were performed by "white" Americans, but of these 21 plots and/or attacks - only 13 were actually white supremacist, Nazi, or "Anti-Muslim" extremist in nature (to be broad as possible), which makes them actually represent only 15 percent of such plots/attacks. 75 percent of the plots and/or attacks were radical Islamist based. White Americans represent 63 percent or nearly 200 million Americans, whereas Muslims represent about 1 percent or nearly 3.3 million Americans. We absolutely must focus and denounce all extremist groups, but clearly the actual statistics show a significantly greater historical threat over the past 8 years from some extremists over others. Below is the list of 21 plots/attacks by "white Americans" over the past 8 years.
1. 2009 Maine - Dirty bomb parts found in slain man's home - James Cummings (white supremacist, Nazi)
2. 2009 United States Holocaust Memorial Museum attack: James Von Brunn U.S. citizen (white supremacist/Nazi)
3. 2010 Austin IRS attack: Joe Stack U.S. citizen (extremist)
4. 2010 Pentagon attack: John Patrick Bedell U.S. citizen (extremist)
5. 2010 West Memphis attack on police: Jerry and Joseph Kane- U.S. citizens (Sovereign Citizen Extremist SCE movement)
6. 2010 Florida - pipe-bomb attack outside Islamic Center in Jacksonville - suspect Sandlin Matthews Smith shot dead in Oklahoma (Anti-Muslim Extremist)
7. 2012 Wisconsin Sikh temple attack: Wade Page U.S. citizen (white supremacist/Nazi)
8. 2011 Washington Spokane - terrorist bomb plot on Martin Luther King Jr. Day Unity March - Kevin William Harpham (Nazi white supremacist)
9. 2012 FEAR militia plots in Georgia and Washington State, murder of 2: Michael Burnett, Anthony Peden, Christopher Salmon, Isaac Aguigui U.S. citizen (militia extremists)
10. 2013 Los Angeles International Airport attack: Paul Anthony Ciancia U.S. citizen (NWO extremist)
11. 2014 Overland Park Jewish Community Center attack: Frazier Glenn Miller, Jr. U.S. citizen (white supremacist/Nazi)
12. 2015 Charleston church attack: Dylann Roof U.S. citizen (white supremacist)
13. 2015 New York - threats to attack "Islamberg" mosque in Hancock - Robert Doggart, U.S. citizen (radical anti-Muslim extremist)
14. 2015 Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood shooting Robert L. Dear U.S. citizen (radical anti-abortion)
15. 2015 Lafayette Louisana attack - movie theater attack by John Russell House, U.S. citizen (Nazi, white supremacist)
16. 2015 Minnesota - Minneapolis shooting attack on BLM protest 4th precinct - Allen Scarsella, Joseph Martin Backman, Nathan Wayne Gustavsson,and Daniel Thomas Macey - U.S. citizens (charged with riots, assault, no fatal injuries) (white supremacist)
17. 2015 New York - Rochester - bomb maker leg injured while making bomb - Michael O'Neill, U.S. citizen (white supremacist, Nazi)
18. 2015 California threat against Richmond mosque - William Celli - U.S. citizen (radical anti-Muslim extremist)
19. 2015 California mosque firebombing attack Carl James Dial Jr. U.S. citizen (radical anti-Muslim extremist)
20. 2016 Oregon Malheur refuge federal building takeover leader Ammon Bundy total of 27 U.S. citizens 1 killed, 12 pleaded guilty, 7 (including leaders acquitted) (Sovereign Citizen Extremists SCE)
21. 2016 Kansas apartment and mosque anti-Muslim terror plot Patrick Stein, Gavin Wright, Curtis Allen U.S. citizens (radical anti-Muslim extremists)
I love you too, Ima Oldman. Guess fake news it your forte as created by Rupert Murdoch - they advertised fair and balanced with drew in the audience.....BUT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P74oHhU5MD…
" "good things" came from the the terrorist attack on Emanuel AME ". Small price to pay to remove flag? That's as insulting as it gets and Duffy should not be using terrorist attacks in that manner! Duffy is a bigot. Any mass killing IS a terrorist attack, period. Alternative facts is the new catch phrase for the GOP led White House.
She is nothing but a criminal and race baiter seeking attention off the blood of sc military soldiers who were asked by their country to defend their homeland! Rather they were white black or cherokee.... They deserve to be honored.... The democratic party is nothing but a bunch of race baiting political correctness freaks party of victims!
Best Reason to Impeach Trump? - less tupper
At least the Republican has Graham as the Only one left with integrity and trust worthy and I do respect his opinion and his view, unlike Paul Bryan and Mitchell O'Connell these two are most spineless and they are nothing more than "YES MEN" to protect their job plus others in the Republican they all should be ashamed of themselves and should be all voted out of the congress on the next election 2018.
Let's impeach Trump and replace with Graham as the president of USA.
So sad this was not a civil act it was a crime. Sad to celebrate a criminal...what have we came to when we celebrate criminals.
Boeing is one of Graham's top campaign contributors. I wonder how the Senator feels about their continued investments and expansions in Russia?
Powered by Foundation
© Copyright 2017,
Charleston City Paper