This place is capital L Legit. If you like actual Korean food (as in, what you are served in Korea) then go here. I am happy we have such a restaurant in CHS and I've been twice in the past ten days since first trying it.
Also, a few interesting things here:
On the islands, it looks like Folly was divided, SI was for Clinton and IOP was for Trump.
Downtown was for Clinton except, it seems (I am not familiar with districts downtown), the Battery was for Trump.
Mount Pleasure was mostly for Trump except a couple pockets and North Charleston was the opposite.
What percentage of people are "eligible" in urban vs rural areas, though? That word makes all the difference and the fact that it's used instead of a straight rural vs urban per capita comparison is telling. If only 10% of the rural population is eligible vs 60% of the (much larger overall) urban population then that's a huge figure.
Graham has to go. We need new blood. he stands for nothing.
This better jschicke:
Facebook was not the source. The link to facebook was in the news item I read. Thank you.
Love Brandon's food!
Really uncool of him to do that. Not very artisanal
Really uncool of him to do that. Ungrateful
I would love to know how many of these young people protesting took the time to actually cast any vote at all.
"PORTLAND, Ore. More than 70 percent of the 112 anti-Trump protesters arrested in Portland didnt vote in Oregon, according to state election records. The other approximately 30 percent did cast a ballot in Oregon or in another state."
Excited for the transition. One of the best spots in Mt P.
Update: Tupper, I found your story in other mainstream news services. I can agree that the incident was deplorable. I read that the manager of the Chilli's has been removed, as he should have been. Even if the man were not a veteran, I do not believe a Chilli's manager is informed enough to make that opinion. The chain has contacted Mr. Walker to extend an apology and are working on a solution that 'promotes trust and healing'. Anyone with a small sampling of military history knows that African-Americans have served in Germany.
Tupper, you need to stop using Facebook as a source for information.
There are definitely 4 deplorables here. You 4 people who think it is ok for a veteran with a service dog to be kicked out of an establishment (on Veteran's Day, no less) after showing management documentation, based on a man in a "TRUMP" hat doubting his service (because he is African-American), you are DEPLORABLE and do not deserve the freedoms you enjoy. This is truly a testament to the divisiveness, hate, racism and disrespect the president-elect has cultivated in this once great country.
"But a report out last month from the Center for Rural Affairs (CFRA) illustrates quite a different reality: The percentage of eligible people relying on SNAP is higher in rural areas than it is in urban areas. CRA found that nearly 86 percent of eligible rural residents receive SNAP benefits, compared with nearly 73 percent of eligible urban residents."
That's is truth and for a lot of other professions as well. I am from he same time period late 90s- 2002. Moves back last year and BAM. Shocking the prices for housing and food ETC. Jobs I used to work for still paying the same. How do people do it! We do well but still struggle to pay for evenrything. Like NYC PRICES. Crazy
We always said "It can't happen here." Looks like we were wrong.
Just in. Trump imperils trade with China with possible direct impact on iPhone sales, US automobile sales, and BOEING sales as orders would be replaced by Airbus orders. Further, US soybean and corn imports would be halted. And exchange students could be impacted as well. OOPS!
I completely disagree with you. While CORE definitely was a blend of the sounds of other bands, they really grew leaps and bounds peaking with tiny music...... Scott was great at reinventing himself and growing as a musician as successful rock icons tend to do. And what is truly great to me is how honest his voice is, he sings of many painful events in his life so openly and candidly and it speaks to me as it has to many others I am sure. I suggest you listen to his solo material like 12 bar blues and happy in glosses..... barbarella and missing Cleveland are 2 incredible songs!!
Powered by Foundation
© Copyright 2016,
Charleston City Paper