Try this Corn Continental pizza which incorporates lots of Indian spices while still staying true to the concept of Italian pizza.Tandoori Pizza is an exciting way of preparation and presentation. It really melts your mouth just looking at it.
The pizza is out if this world
Went there for the first time this weekend for lunch and was very pleased. The pizza is fantastic, perfectly cooked, authentic, delicious. I really don't understand the reviewers saying that the layout or ordering process is confusing. It is abundantly clear that you order at the counter when you walk in. I like the element of surprise, seeing the ovens blazing as you come around the corner. We will definitely be repeat customers.
Great Pizza, but the menu is a little limited. I wish there were a few more options for appetizers and salads, but otherwise great pizza, and great atmosphere!
Finally made it over to DeSano's last night. I will start off by saying it was the best pizza we have had in quite awhile. My husband, son, and I shared the Diavolo and San Gennaro. Both were excellent. Those little calabrian peppers are fantastic. We could not stop eating them. I hope there is a place in town where I can buy some.
The woman working at the front counter was very friendly and funny. That being said, I do agree with the other comments on the strange layout. The drink options are strange. No wines by the glass or tap beer. Maybe something with their type of license? They had a pitcher of water in the dining room, but only one and it got empty quick and they kept having to fill it up. How about a couple of pitchers and maybe even leave some at the tables? I don't like the no plate thing and the flimsy, useless plastic utensils. Sorry, call me an amateur but I like to eat pizza with a knife and fork.
All in all, a good experience. It was definitely on the expensive side so if you are looking to feed your family for not too much money, then maybe save this place for another time. I would definitely bring my own wine next time. That seems to be the best way to go and balance out the higher priced pies.
When I think Neapolitan pizza, a thin crispy crust comes to mind but this is not what I got here. The service was good and the pizzas came quick, but our pizza crust was barely cooked--almost soggy. Not impressed at all! Will not being going back.
Disregard the above review...this is the best pizza in the ....fill in the blanks...YOU cannot get better than this...Dano.....KNOWS....
Deliciously addictive pizza
Best Pizza I have EVER had (besides when living in Rome!)
I shared a couple of pizzas with two friends recently and they were intersting artisan pizzas and the setting at the big tables was nice. I will go again - price was on higher side but all and all I found it to be a good experience.
The joint needs a lot of work...Pizza isn't the best....Who can judge pizza? Everyone likes something different....They make it too difficult to eat in.......They cannot cook a pizza in 60 seconds, if you need to eat it....
I thought this place would be awesome because it smelled so good inside and its off the beaten path away from the typically overpriced restaurants you find downtown. Pizza was okay, a bit burnt, but was way overpriced for the location. You can't buy pizza by the slice and you can't remove any ingredients so don't go here if you are a vegetarian. When I asked why you couldn't add/remove ingredients the manager or owner said it was complicated ... ? They should do a better job explaining this one if my pizza can't be free to be the pizza it wants to be. The girl at the front desk also joked that all the ovens have different "personalities" some like to burn the pizza, some undercook it, and some are just right. I got the burnt one.
The layout was awkward and lacked atmosphere. Waited 10 minutes for the girl at front desk to make a cannoli and then she forgot to make it with the other customers cannoli's. All and all it left a lot to be desired, like my cannoli that I didn't get.
The layout is indeed confusing, there needs to be a giant "ORDER HERE" sign when you first walk in. But the service was GREAT, from the front of house to back of house. Pizza was really, really great too - and I personally prefer a really thin crust but this regular crust was excellent. I had the Verdura, if you're a veggie lover this will be right up your alley. Great for large groups and kids.
Great pizza!! A tad on the pricey side for what you get. Sodas are extremely over priced and I didn't see any beers or offered any from the cashier. It took a long time to get the pie too. I think they burned the first one, but no one came by and explained the long wait. I only say this because I watched the whole thing happen in the exposed kitchen area. All in all great pizza. They should definaty utilize their outside space as well.
Let me start off by saying the pizza is fantastic! The rest can use some fine tuning and I hope the owner takes these criticisms constructively.
- The layout of the restaurant is terrible. The centerpiece of the restaurant is the ovens. When you walk in the door you're sent down to the register with no view of the dining area or the ovens. There is a big wall blocking it that serves no purpose but to hang a TV on the other side. Knock that wall down.
- Train the girl behind the counter a little better. We ordered the margarita pizza and she asked, "which one?" Well, there's only one on the menu so that one. Then she told us it came with one topping. Added a topping unaware it added $4 to the bill.
- Bottled beer selection isn't bad, Bells Two Heared, Palm, Pluff Mudd Porter, Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro, and Peroni. There was no glassware to pour the beer which was pretty weak. My suggestion is to keep it simple. Get rid of all the choices and put in a two tap tower. Have Peroni always on and rotate a local beer on the other, Palmetto preferably since it's less than 1 block away.
- Add an outdoor area. The parking lot is huge. Section off part and add picnic tables. This will draw a much larger lunch crowd on a nice day.
- Train the wait staff a little better and find a better way to identify tables orders. There were two tables seated in the restaurant one with food and the waitress is shouting out someone's food number. Use process of elimination to determine that it's probably for the table with no food. I don't blame her when the restaurant is busy since they only write your number on your receipt and you just place it on your table. No one came to check in on us during the meal either.
- There's a water fountain in the corner for water. Put some glasses and ice over there so people can pour themselves a glass of water.
- The condiments (parmesan, red pepper flakes, etc.) are by where the pizza is made in a fixed container so it can't move. Put it in a shaker on each table like every other pizza joint so you're not carrying your large pie through the restaurant to add a little parmesan.
Let me reiterate, the pizza is FANTASTIC! It was a bummer to see only two tables in there for lunch on a Friday.
I will try not to be too wordy with my review. Simply put this pizza is some of the best pizza I've ever had in my entire life, and that's saying a lot. Artisanal Neapolitan Pizza has never been a truer statement. Every ingredient was bursting with flavor and those flavors came through in a harmony that made this pizza addictive. I can't wait to go back and have my taste buds blown away again. Not to mention, awesome open atmosphere watching them work the dough and build the pizzas and very friendly staff. If you haven't been here you need to go, it's the best pizza in Charleston hands down. Sorry Mellow Mushroom, Andolinis, and anywhere else in town, but DeSano wins.
TERRIFIC pizzas. Once the dough and toppings are combined it only takes 60-90 seconds to bake followed by table delivery by very pleasant staff. I will be going back again and again for sure. This is the GO-TO place for pizza in the greater metropolitan area!
I've always said if I had a restaurant that featured "specialties" there would be no substitutions allowed. Failure would be swift, assured my family. The menu at Desano's is ALL "specialties" and there are NO substitutions: they have their reasons and they make sense if your interested, and I was. Desano's confidence in this concept and the superb quality of the product will prove my family can occasionally be wrong. When the craving sets in I only hope there's an available table or else I'll have to get it to go and eat it in the parking lot.
We found out that Park delivers to Tanner in Hanahan, which now makes this a once a week place for my family and I. Every time I see a Domino's or Papa John's car in the neighborhood, I shake my head. For a few bucks extra, you could get so much better pizza. If I want quantity, I'll suffer at CiCi's. If I want quality, I grab a large BST and add chicken from Park Pizza. Local business that brings the goods.
Happy to say, I have been eating here for over a year now and the quality has always been top notch. I've worked my way thru the menu. Delicious. Try it all. :)
OMG!!! D'AL'S new online ordering system rocks!
Powered by Foundation
© Copyright 2014,
Charleston City Paper