White Southern identity in a nutshell: We can't let go of the past, but everyone else should.
Responsible for Equality And Liberty calls White Supremacism terrorist attacks as "terrorism" and we have for years. Unlike too many others, R.E.A.L. has constantly referred to Dylann Roof's attack on Emanuel A.M.E. as the "terrorist" attack that it was. However, of the 85 notable terrorist plots and/or attacks against Americans on U.S. soil over the past 8 years, the White Supremacist terrorist plots and attacks are a significant minority. That is not bias; those are facts. To label every attack by a white person of an extremist ideology as white supremacist is simply wrong. A very significant number are by Sovereign Citizen Extremists (SCE), which have both white and black adherents (contrary to what some believe); a number of such white terrorist attacks are also Anti-Government Militia, again which have mixed members and a different focus. Because in the United States, there are a significantly larger number of white Americans, there will be not surprisingly a larger number of white extremists, but not all of those extremist follow a cause of white supremacism. R.E.A.L. stands ready every day to challenge any extremist ideology which inspires terrorism, whether it is white supremacism or any other ideology. But while our country has been fighting a "war of ideas" against white supremacism at least since the 1960s (and many would say since the 1860s), we have not been doing so on other extremist ideologies. We need to be consistent in fighting extremism. To be specific, out of a list of 85 notable plots and/or attacks over the past 8 years, R.E.A.L. notes that 21 plots and/or attacks (25 percent) were performed by "white" Americans, but of these 21 plots and/or attacks - only 13 were actually white supremacist, Nazi, or "Anti-Muslim" extremist in nature (to be broad as possible), which makes them actually represent only 15 percent of such plots/attacks. 75 percent of the plots and/or attacks were radical Islamist based. White Americans represent 63 percent or nearly 200 million Americans, whereas Muslims represent about 1 percent or nearly 3.3 million Americans. We absolutely must focus and denounce all extremist groups, but clearly the actual statistics show a significantly greater historical threat over the past 8 years from some extremists over others. Below is the list of 21 plots/attacks by "white Americans" over the past 8 years.
1. 2009 Maine - Dirty bomb parts found in slain man's home - James Cummings (white supremacist, Nazi)
2. 2009 United States Holocaust Memorial Museum attack: James Von Brunn U.S. citizen (white supremacist/Nazi)
3. 2010 Austin IRS attack: Joe Stack U.S. citizen (extremist)
4. 2010 Pentagon attack: John Patrick Bedell U.S. citizen (extremist)
5. 2010 West Memphis attack on police: Jerry and Joseph Kane- U.S. citizens (Sovereign Citizen Extremist SCE movement)
6. 2010 Florida - pipe-bomb attack outside Islamic Center in Jacksonville - suspect Sandlin Matthews Smith shot dead in Oklahoma (Anti-Muslim Extremist)
7. 2012 Wisconsin Sikh temple attack: Wade Page U.S. citizen (white supremacist/Nazi)
8. 2011 Washington Spokane - terrorist bomb plot on Martin Luther King Jr. Day Unity March - Kevin William Harpham (Nazi white supremacist)
9. 2012 FEAR militia plots in Georgia and Washington State, murder of 2: Michael Burnett, Anthony Peden, Christopher Salmon, Isaac Aguigui U.S. citizen (militia extremists)
10. 2013 Los Angeles International Airport attack: Paul Anthony Ciancia U.S. citizen (NWO extremist)
11. 2014 Overland Park Jewish Community Center attack: Frazier Glenn Miller, Jr. U.S. citizen (white supremacist/Nazi)
12. 2015 Charleston church attack: Dylann Roof U.S. citizen (white supremacist)
13. 2015 New York - threats to attack "Islamberg" mosque in Hancock - Robert Doggart, U.S. citizen (radical anti-Muslim extremist)
14. 2015 Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood shooting Robert L. Dear U.S. citizen (radical anti-abortion)
15. 2015 Lafayette Louisana attack - movie theater attack by John Russell House, U.S. citizen (Nazi, white supremacist)
16. 2015 Minnesota - Minneapolis shooting attack on BLM protest 4th precinct - Allen Scarsella, Joseph Martin Backman, Nathan Wayne Gustavsson,and Daniel Thomas Macey - U.S. citizens (charged with riots, assault, no fatal injuries) (white supremacist)
17. 2015 New York - Rochester - bomb maker leg injured while making bomb - Michael O'Neill, U.S. citizen (white supremacist, Nazi)
18. 2015 California threat against Richmond mosque - William Celli - U.S. citizen (radical anti-Muslim extremist)
19. 2015 California mosque firebombing attack Carl James Dial Jr. U.S. citizen (radical anti-Muslim extremist)
20. 2016 Oregon Malheur refuge federal building takeover leader Ammon Bundy total of 27 U.S. citizens 1 killed, 12 pleaded guilty, 7 (including leaders acquitted) (Sovereign Citizen Extremists SCE)
21. 2016 Kansas apartment and mosque anti-Muslim terror plot Patrick Stein, Gavin Wright, Curtis Allen U.S. citizens (radical anti-Muslim extremists)
I love you too, Ima Oldman. Guess fake news it your forte as created by Rupert Murdoch - they advertised fair and balanced with drew in the audience.....BUT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P74oHhU5MD…
" "good things" came from the the terrorist attack on Emanuel AME ". Small price to pay to remove flag? That's as insulting as it gets and Duffy should not be using terrorist attacks in that manner! Duffy is a bigot. Any mass killing IS a terrorist attack, period. Alternative facts is the new catch phrase for the GOP led White House.
She is nothing but a criminal and race baiter seeking attention off the blood of sc military soldiers who were asked by their country to defend their homeland! Rather they were white black or cherokee.... They deserve to be honored.... The democratic party is nothing but a bunch of race baiting political correctness freaks party of victims!
Best Reason to Impeach Trump? - less tupper
At least the Republican has Graham as the Only one left with integrity and trust worthy and I do respect his opinion and his view, unlike Paul Bryan and Mitchell O'Connell these two are most spineless and they are nothing more than "YES MEN" to protect their job plus others in the Republican they all should be ashamed of themselves and should be all voted out of the congress on the next election 2018.
Let's impeach Trump and replace with Graham as the president of USA.
So sad this was not a civil act it was a crime. Sad to celebrate a criminal...what have we came to when we celebrate criminals.
Boeing is one of Graham's top campaign contributors. I wonder how the Senator feels about their continued investments and expansions in Russia?
Ron doesn't give a flip about America. He would love to see America completely dissolve as long as he can still anonymously troll
Yeah, it's easy. Just connect to social media, spread your legs and Viola'.....5487 in a few weeks.
This is alarming to say the least:
Thank you so much for publishing this story. I was drugged as a CofC freshman at a King Street bar. I was picked up by an ambulance and taken to the hospital (Charleston Memorial? I don't remember). The hospital wrote "extreme intoxication" on my file. They didn't check anything else, most notably my raised heart rate. I was sent home with a mark from the IV and nothing else.
Not only was the situation distressing and expensive but it stayed on my record for years. It made it difficult to get insurance because of my "substance abuse." I'm so glad that someone is paying attention to what's happening at downtown bars.
Sigh, we already went through this last round with Boeing. WTF is up Boeing with all the propaganda constantly once again to the general public? That TV ad is moronic. That P & C "opinion" piece yesterday by your P & C boot licking lackey was the biggest pile of horse shit yet. Just like last time, who are those BS ads aimed at? Are your employees sheeple that must be led? Have they no cognitive ability to make choices? Can you not bribe them with small raises? Perhaps you may want to consider paying them a little closer to what their Seattle counterparts make? Our cost of living is just as high as Seattle in Charleston (or it feels that way). The more Boeing squawks, squeaks and flops around the more we smell something bad. No ads on TV or in print and none of us would even notice y'all, except for when we pass you on our way to the airport. Most of us could give a good rats ass about your Union battle, keep it internal. Talk among yourselves and quit bothering the rest of us. We got our own problems.
National security is at risk. Below item from "The Observer", which is owned by Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner.
I was looking up a trusted sports bar who can train me to improve my self. Luckly i found
your website and getting some famous sports bar. Now i am member of this that club. It trained me very very well, now i'm champion in
area. thank a lot.
I think every man should envolve with sports bar.
As we've said before, why are police investigative tactics suddenly bad when they are used against police?
Slager would make a fine addition to the Trump administration, not wanting people to use his own words against him. And mark my words, one of two things is going to happen. Either our lovely new AG is going to press on federal prosecutors to drop the case, or if he is eventually convicted, he will be pardoned.
I think it's good for the workers' fight to be made public. If they are successful, maybe it will inspire and help other groups become engaged in collective bargaining. I understand unions are not popular here, but collective bargaining is more than just lazy people wanting more money for less work. It's about ensuring safe and ethical working conditions and protections against corporate intimidation and malfeasance in addition to compensating people in a more reasonable manner. If corporations like Boeing want to continue to be subsidized by the government and taxpayer for their operations and losses, they can afford to utilize more their profits on their worker's qualities of life, while still making millions and billions of dollars for themselves.
and the wearies of the professional martyr keep expanding...
More executive humor:
Powered by Foundation
© Copyright 2017,
Charleston City Paper