We here at the Charleston City Paper want to make your lives easier. Lord knows, we all need just a few more minutes in the day to get what we need to get done done. Well, if you follow these 11 Life Hacks, those minutes just might turn into hours. So what's stopping ya? Get to reading, you underachieving baboon.
1. Parents: Fill your baby's pack 'n' play with kitty litter and let them go diaper free. You'll never have to change a stinky diaper again.
2. Turn off the water supply to your toilet and fill the tank with bath water. Be sure to have several spare gallons on hand.
3. After rinsing your mouth, strain the mouthwash through a filter and use it again.
4. Don't pour the leftover milk in your cereal bowl down the sink. Pour it into ice cube trays, wrap the trays in plastic wrap, stick each cube with a toothpick, freeze, and enjoy as a cold treat later. Great for sleepovers and swinging parties.
5. Place four magazine perfume samples in an empty spray bottle, fill with water and rubbing alcohol, and wait a week. Viola, your own unique brand of eau de toilette. (Pro-tip: This also works with fruit.)
6. Bacon grease makes for great — and tasty — lip balm.
7. Take the dried felt tip out of permanent magic markers and place them in a Mason jar filled with water. The result: ink for the amateur tattooist.
8. In the market for an electric toothbrush? Just duct tape a regular toothbrush to a vibrator and get to rockin' and rollin'.
9. Homebrew your own booze. All you need is a gallon-sized Zip-loc bag, a handful of fast food ketchup packs, some breadcrumbs, and a sack of rotten oranges. Let it age under your sink for a few weeks and enjoy.
10. Roadside hubcaps make for good snack trays. Excellent for chips and dip.
11. Going on a long trip? Fit your car seat with a bed pan and you'll never have to take a potty break again.