Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Scott's BBQ shed burns

Lard-fueled inferno

Posted by Stephanie Barna on Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Rodney Scott of Scott's BBQ in Hemingway says a pig caught fire this morning in the pit room and the fire spread up the wall and took out the roof. 

Fortunately, the flames did not reach the restaurant next door, but it did take out the 15 hogs he was cooking for this week's demand.

"We have portable pits out back and still had four hogs," he says. "I have the pigs that I need to cook tonight and tomorrow night. We're still open and in motion, but there's just not enough meat."

The clean-up effort has already begun and Scott hopes to have the pit room rebuilt in two weeks. In the meantime, he says he's just rolling with the punches and doing the best he can. 

"That's what happens when you cook with fire," he says.

Indeed. He texted us a picture of the devastation below. 

click to enlarge pitroom.jpg

Tags: , ,

Comments (2)

Showing 1-2 of 2

Add a comment

Subscribe to this thread:
Showing 1-2 of 2

Add a comment

Classified Listings

Powered by Foundation   © Copyright 2016, Charleston City Paper   RSS